Sunday, March 30, 2008

More Laughable Moments

Last night Maryann slept out in the living room with the kids and this morning Sophie said to me: "I don't know how you live with Aunt Maryann!" I wondered where this came from and asked, "What are you talking about?" To which Sophie replied, "She snores SOOO LOUD!"

Henry has been eyeing the chips Maryann bought for them to have for lunch today and asked several times last night if he could have some. When Maryann announced that it was time for lunch today they all ran to the table. Henry promptly asked for some chips. Maryann told him he could have some chips after he ate all his grapes. Henry said "What??" in a high voice like he couldn't believe this.

Yesterday Alex got my cell phone which I mistakenly left on the end table. He started pushing buttons saying call mommy and ignored me when I asked him to bring it to me. All of a sudden my phone started ringing and he looked at it like "What did I do?" In his moment of confusion I grabbed my phone to find it was a tired sounding Uncle David. Alex had called him and hung up on him. Alex continued to say call mommy so later Maryann called mommy. When Alex requested another call to his mommy later on, Maryann told him he already talked with his mommy to which he smiled big and said, "Call Daddy!"

As I was helping to put the boys' shoes on this morning Henry kept searching around in the shoe bag saying something about a shoehorn. He finally produced the shoehorn and said, "See, put this in the shoe and it helps little boys put their shoes on." Is it just me or do all children know about shoehorns?

1 comment:

Ben & Diane said...

Amen Sophie......sometimes I can hear Aunt Maryann snoring where I live! BTW......we need to drop our kids off next. I'll make sure they say lots of funny stuff too if that helps.