Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why Don't You Blog About It!

I have gotten this response or the question, “When are you going to update your blog?” a lot lately. I really don’t have an excuse except I know I don’t have time to do the kind of job I would like to, so I don’t do it at all. I am sure I have a problem that Dr. Phil could help me with.
Amanda asked me when I would blog about Korea and I said, “Oh, I haven’t done that yet?” I was then asked about Alaska and Argentina and then I think they were just teasing me, but it helped me remember something that was said to me the last time I was in Africa. As I got to know the team members better and we shared parts of our lives with each other a friend of mine told me I lived a charmed life. I believe that is so true and I am grateful for everything I have experienced. Sometimes I get bogged down with the busyness and everyday schedules to realize what a charmed life I do have and to remember to share my joys with others.
Thanks for those of you who have cared that my blog was not updated and I will try to do a better job.
I will share a few pictures from my recent days and then do a better job in the future while I try to catch up on the past.



I don’t know why but when I saw this shirt I had to have it and every time I think about it I think of Joseph for some reason. Anyone know what I am saying?

This is the window in my new classroom. It is all fogged over because the air works well in the room. Oh yeah! BONUS! Here are some before pics of my room. Yes, I am already at school working on my room for next year and spending plenty of time planning.


I had quite an adventure at girls’ camp this year including a horrible storm that wreaked havoc on our camp. I was very lucky to come out of it unharmed physically. I was in my tent surrounded by trees for the worst of it. Limbs took out tents, cars, and the quick shade that was right next to my tent. It was the “Paper Mill Party Place” complete with a disco ball and everything before the wind and rain came. I got a few pictures after the storm and one during, but the limb had been removed and cleanup had happened before I thought to get out my camera.




Katherine brought joy to camp even during the storm. Evidence of our stormed on Party Place after quite a bit of cleanup. Me with the disco ball, it survived. :) My tent with the wreckage in the background. The storm came up so quickly, we really are lucky to have come out of all of it fine.

How can you not laugh when someone this cute makes such a mess?
I cherish any time I can spend with the little ones in our family. Come on over!
A few random pictures of the fam.




The end of the school year was a whirlwind of excitement with the temple rededication celebration, testing, and relay. At times I was not sure I would make it through, but I have great memories from it all.





OK, that is enough charmed life for now! Good night :)

3 comments:

Maryann said...

Do my eyes deceive me?! Has Hell frozen over :) I know what you are saying. The first grandkid that asks on the 4th of July gets a dollar from me not Ruth

Sue Ellen said...

Aren't you happy that you get to share all of the grandkids without much of the work:)

Amanda said...

Thanks Ruth! I really do enjoy all of the blogs from everybody!