Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ode to Mustard

I love it with a hot dog
It's always great with cheese
Whatever I am eating
It is sure to please

It MUST be cheap and yellow
With no fancy label
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner
Just bring it to the table

On a sausage biscuit
Or with a chick-fil-a
I know I could eat it
Either night or day

I have even tried it
Just squirting on my finger
I try to use precaution
'cause the stain will really linger

And now some words of wisdom
For one little boy
Please don't treat the mustard
Like it is a toy

If you truly love it
Don't leave it on your face
Make sure that you put it
In its proper place


6 comments:

JLMartin said...

we LOVE it!

herb said...

Not sure what's funnier, your poem or Andrew's look!

Angel said...

You are sooooo weird.

Ruth said...

You know you love me! Maybe I will write a poem for you some day!

Maryann said...

Your obession Needs to Stop.

Ben & Diane said...

maybe you should start your own mustard company to rival French's???