Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Love in my life!

All who know me know that I love water...ICE water to be exact. One of the first things I do when I get to work in the morning is go to the ice machine and fill up. After I fill my cup with ice, I add water, water, and more water all day long. Thanks to my great cup the ice lasts over 24 hours. It is rare that you find me and not my cup. If you do not see my cup, rest assured it is not far away. The children in my class understand the importance of my cup and treasure it almost as much as I do. They even volunteer to bring it to me when they can tell I am a little irritable and need a little water. The only time I seem to manage without the ice is when I go to Africa. It is a blessing to just have drinkable water.
School is usually my best source of ice. The cafeteria workers expect me each morning. One morning not too long ago I went for ice and there wasn't any. I stood in shock wondering what to do, when the cafeteria manager saw me and told me not to panic, he would take care of it. Not more than an hour later he came to my room with a fresh bag of ice just for me. Wow! He is cool. On the weekends I always have a dilemma because it is up to me to make sure the ice trays are full and ready. I am not always the best at this. This long break causes even more of a problem as I have to be on top of my game for so long. (I should just get my water hooked up to my wonderful refrigerator.)
This morning I went to school to take care of some business and was excited to visit the clean ice machine. (They cleaned it on Friday for the break.) To my horror the ice machine was nice and clean and also empty! It was never turned back on! I worried how I would make it through the day since my cup was empty. Luckily I had some water bottles in my car and with the freezing weather they were nice and cold. Just another luxury I have found that I take for granted.
Now, for the point of my post, did you know you can buy a bag of ice from Sonic? You know that great pebble ice. With the disappointment of having no ice at school I treated myself to a bag of ice from Sonic. My day was saved and I have had GREAT ice water all evening :)

Things I am thankful for right now:
1. Working ice machines (back-up ice from Sonic)
2. My 100oz. clown cup from Holiday
3. Lots of good, clean water

PS- Sorry to those of you who saw the title and were hoping for something other than ice ;)

4 comments:

darinangel said...

#2 should also say, "and your sister Angel, for keeping stocked up on cups."

Ruth said...

And for not charging me too much for the transport of the goods across state lines :)

Mary W said...

I knew you could get ice from Sonic, but not pebble ice!

JLMartin said...

um...i think your most recent cup was a carry-on on our last trip to the south....